Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Three Typescript Pages

.



I was sorting through a pile of partial manuscripts, tossing those which weren't needed anymore into the recycling bin, when I came across a couple of intensely doodled pages and thought I'd share them with you.

Above:  Page 6 of what was in the process of becoming "Slow Life."  You can see my thought processes at work.  Also the fact that I can't remember the elementary school formula for converting Celsius to Fahrenheit.    I thought sure I'd know that by now.




This one's pretty cool, actually.  It was drawn on the back of a typescript page for "Slow Life" and I was trying to work out the chronology of the ballooning section and make sure I included details I hadn't mentioned yet.  Either that or I was avoiding actual work by doodling.  Either one is eminently possible.

If only I could draw, this would be worth saving!



This is the first page of "Tin Marsh."  Here I absolutely, no question about it, was doodling. 

I'm sure this thought occurred to me at the time, but it's a pity I couldn't fit giant alien lizards into the story.  Pretty much any story can be improved by the addition of giant alien lizards.

*

2 comments:

Ken Houghton said...

(9/5)*C + 32 = F

(The difficult one is converting F to C, where you have to subtract 32 and then multiple by the much-more-difficult 5/9.)

Lars said...

Pretty much any story can be improved by the addition of giant alien lizards.

I've been waiting a long time to hear someone say that. Couldn't agree more.