Monday, April 2, 2012

That Beautiful Land Where I Am Not . . .

.



Well, this is disappointing.

Wednesday, I came down with an infection.  Nothing serious -- two days in bed later, I was fit as a fiddle and fine as frog's hair.  But I was also on the ground, in Philadelphia.  While the airplane I was not in was on its way to China.

It's like Tracy Morgan says:  "If you want to make God laugh, make plans.  Or read Him a Dave Barry book."

Fortunately, I had trip cancellation insurance, so I can take the money and buy another tour sometime in the yet-to-be determined future.  In the meantime, I'll put the China novel on the back burner and get to work on the other novel I'm writing. The first chapter will be a bear.  But after that, it'll be a hoot.

*

1 comment:

Dynagrip said...

Sorry you weren't able to make the trip. When I talked to you at Gene Wolfe's Award banquet you appeared to be really looking forward to it. I've never been myself but I presume after I'm married I'll have to go to Taiwan to meet my fiancee's family. Hopefully I'll get to see the mainland but there might be prohibitive paperwork involved. Not really sure.