Tuesday, September 22, 2015

This Glitterati Life: Part 7,655

.



Yesterday I ended up the promo season for Chasing the Phoenix with an appearance at the Penn Bookstore at 36th and Walnut, here in Philadelphia. There was a good crowd and a good response to the reading and now I'm done until the next book. For which I am grateful. Public appearances are fun and I enjoy schmoozing with the people I meet, but after a month or so, one gets tired of the sound of one's own voice.

That's me up above, looking unaccountably scowly.

Among the crowd were a couple of friends, my son, and two of my Emergency Back-Up Sons. Which caused me to reflect on the fact that as a rule the people who show up for bookstore readings are as interesting as the guy at the podium. There were a couple of writers there, one new and one established, a playwright, and so on. I'm assuming that those I didn't know were as interesting in their own rights.

Anyway, a good time was had by all, the book was launched and has been garnering rave reviews, and now I'm going to crawl back into my cave and write, write, write.


Above: Photo by M. C. Porter.

*




2 comments:

Eddie said...

I'm not sure if being "scowly" has anything to do with it, but you rather resemble Larry Niven in this picture.

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can create short links with AdFly and receive dollars from every click on your shortened urls.